Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am just a boring person

So, I keep thinking, I need to blog today! But, I'm just not interesting!! I've just been working and wrangling the kids.

About all the exciting news I have right now is knitting related, and that's not all that exciting! I'm kind of stalled. I've got a week and a half of the Cup left for this term, and then it's break.

Right now, I'm working on my OWL. Since Charlie's sweater grossly underused my stash I'm trying to get rid of (I need to knit/crochet 750 yd for a Transfiguration OWL), I kind of lost my gumption. The pattern said the largest size would use 600 yd. I knit with 1 size larger needles, and it still only used about 384!!! I'm working on it, though. I've got half a baby sock done. I need to finish at least this pair and use up the last of the yarn that matches Charlie's sweater, and I should be pretty close. I've done 2 baby bibs and a pair of slippers to match the sweater already.

I've also got to finish Ari's snitch socks, which I bought the yarn for last year to make for her birthday, and her birthday is in about 2 weeks. I've got about half of one of those socks done, too. Oh, and I need to sew a dress for Muggle Studies. (Thank you prof., for accepting sewn projects, too!) I am also going to try to whip up a lacy soap saver for Potions if I have time.

I finished my Charms. I knit 2 camera cases; 1 for Melodie's camera and 1 for the camera Ari wants for her b-day. I tried to get the camera Monday, because Dan kept the kids so I could go to the store in peace....and they no longer carry 35 mm cameras at Walmart!! At.All. So, I'm watching a few on ebay, as well as some kids digital cameras and hopefully will be able to get one here by her birthday.

I've also finished my DADA homework. I made 2 pygmy puffs. I haven't turned it in yet, though. I'm hoping to get some extra credit, so I'm going to make a little box and poke holes in them and do a label that says they're from Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes and address it to Ari like they do Harry's letter in Sorcerer's Stone!!

Well, that is me, in a nutshell, in my mundane, boring life. Hopefully when the kids are in school (August 24th!!!!) I'll have more time to at least post fun tips and recipes again!!!

No comments: