Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's Official.....

I am a mommy to 3 school kids. I just got home from signing Atley up for kindergarten! My baby. My sweet, sweet Atley will be leaving me in the fall. He says he doesn't want to go (much to my happiness...he loves his momma) BUT he seemed to have fun with the other kids there. Poor little Charlie is still snuffly. At least his fever seems to finally have broken!

I started my Petunia Dursley Eyelet socks for the March SKA. I'm about halfway done with the ribbing on the first sock! I finished one of Charlie's socks last night. It fits pretty good! I used the Moda Dea Sassy Stripes I used on Ari's socks, and I found out when I looked at my stash page, it's marked as a DK weight...no wonder it's been a pain on size 1 bamboo needles! I'm going to rough through the second one, then I'm going to try another pair with actual fingering yarn.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sassy Stripes on bamboo?! I would've thrown that across the living room some time ago. You are a strong woman!

Michelle said...

That was the first yarn I bought for socks, and silly me I thought all sock yarn was the same! ha! I just couldn't believe how hard it was to work with on Charlie's socks, because I didn't have much of a problem on Ari's, but that was when I was still using metal DPN's and hadn't discovered the wondrousness of bamboo....ahhh. Then, I see it's DK..no wonder! duh. Lesson learned!