Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last Day of the Month

Well, the first month of the fall term of the Cup is officially ending today...and I completed all 6 classes!! yay! I've also joined a Quidditch team (to make stuff to send to my cousin in Afghanistan) and submitted for an OWL. (The toaster will be mine!!!)

I've completed my first filet bookmark for Transfiguration, the Crochet Counting Fish toy for Charms (which will be one of Charlie's X-mas presents), a Sheldon for DADA (Charlie gift #2), a golden snitch necklace for Ari (also X-mas present) for COMC, a soap saver pour moi for Herbology, and I can't for the life of me remember what Potions was...hmmm.....ahhh yes, Charlie's new Mittens. My OWL is going well. I've got the front of Ari's sweater almost done. I've got 1 sleeve done and 1 started for Melodie's sweater, and the bottom is done, though I think I may frog the last row and make it a bit longer because it looks like I'll have plenty of yarn. If anyone makes the Fresh-Picked sweater from Lion Brand, be forewarned the picture shown is of an oversized sweater, and the one the pattern is written for is, in fact, cropped as it says. The bit about the over-sized picture is in small print, and I'll be sending an email of complaint for a misleading picture. Why on earth would you put a picture up with a pattern of something that the pattern doesn't make!?!?!

Tomorrow, we get new homework for the Cup, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping I can fit most of Melodie's b-day crafting in there. I'm planning on making her all the Poke-critters I can this month. And Charlie needs a Halloween goody bag.

I've also been sewing. I ♥ my new sewing machine!! :0) I've started cutting out a new jacket for Atley because his old one is getting small. Charlie will also be getting a jacket with matching pants that will double as his Halloween costume. Along with his Chunky Monkey hat.

No comments: