Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to the old grind

Well, the last of our out of town family left last night. It was sad to see them go, but apparently they're looking for a house and hoping to move back up here! (Most of my mom's brothers and sisters had moved to Florida a long time ago, but they're all starting to trickle back now.) We went to Amish Door for dinner.....mmmm mashed potatoes and dressing! Charlie had his first taste of mashed potatoes there. He liked them. Yay! For the longest time, Ari would not eat potato products other than french fries. She might be a clone of me, but her attitude is definitely her daddy through and through. Charlie has also sampled sweet potato baby food the last couple of days, and it has met his approval. It's a good thing I'm working on all these bibs now that he's starting to eat solids!

The girls did pretty good this morning. I'm waiting for the Twilight Zone music to start playing. We were right on time today, but there was no yelling or screaming. I'm scared. Who are these children and where did my real ones go!?! Atley even stayed dry last night, and he had a huge glass of chocolate milk at the restaurant right before bed. I took him to the donut store for breakfast (he woke up about 5 minutes before we went out the door.)

We stopped by my grandparents' Monday because we hadn't seen them in a few weeks. (They feel bad about doing things when the girls are in school because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.) They gave us 3 big bags of stuff from the fair. I swear, they must have cleaned people out! There were at least 2 dozen each of pens and pencils. Stacks of coloring books and notepads. A quart sized ziploc bag of candy. It was crazy! It took me 15 minutes to go through everything last night and put it away. (I was doing Flylady to try to fix up the house before Dan's friend and his fiancee stopped by.) Yeah, my poor house has taken a beating the past couple of weeks. With everyone who was up visiting, then the wedding, school, me working on patterns, Dan being on vacation, things went to pot. It feels so nice to be able to walk across the floor and not twist my ankle!

No comments: