Sunday, October 19, 2008
Well, here is the first part of Charlie's Halloween costume! I finished it up yesterday. It's crocheted. I used a size N hook, Red Heart super saver from the stash, and did a ch2, 6sc in ch. Then I worked out doing 2 sc in each sc, then 1 sc, 2sc in next sc, and repeated that around. Each row I made 1 more sc in between where I increased with the 2sc. (Like the next row was sc in next 2 sc, then 2 sc in next sc; sc in next 3 sc.) I did that up until about 9 in between increases, did a couple rows of just sc, decided it wasn't quite big enough, did 10 between increases, a row of sc, 11 between increases, then finished the sc to the bottom. I did the final row DC. For the ears, I chained 10 and joined, did sc in each ch around. I did 7 rows of the single crochet. Then, I did 2sc in first sc, sc in next 5, 2sc in next sc for 1 row; then 4 in between, then 3 in between, then I did just a row of sc to keep it less trumpet-y and more Shrek-y. I sewed the ears on, and voila!
Also, here is a pic of our baby snapping turtle. You can hardly see him (new camera, still figuring out how to use it.) He will either be going to the in-laws or the Wilderness Center this week. He's too hard to take care of, and we keep our house too cold for him to be comfy. At least we saved him from dogs and getting squished in a parking lot!