Monday, December 8, 2008

Important: Check this out!

As a mother, I'm of course concerned about the safety of the kids' toys. I try not to buy things made in China. I try to make them as many toys as I possibly can! The CPSC had some new legislation passed which put into effect more stringent testing requirements for toys. This is great for the big toy companies importing everything coated in lead from sweatshops in China. This is very bad, as it stands, for mom and pop toymakers, or even us yarnies who want to make a few extra bucks in our Etsy shops or craft fairs! This was on the CLF board on Rav, and I just wanted to make sure it reached as many people as it could! It has also been hinted that this could affect sales on Ebay, donations to thrift stores, etc. Of course, they can't police everybody all the time, but would it be the worth the risk? I'm going to be very curious to see how this one pans out.


Click the title or here for the website.

No comments: