Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday to my Chunky Monkey

Today is Charlie's first birthday. It has been one heck of a year! All of the drama with work, these nagging colds that won't go away (hopefully soon...it's 80 right now!! w00h00!!)

Charlie started us off into uncharted territories. I hadn't nursed the other 3 kids. That was an interesting adjustment. Now, I can't imagine not doing it and feel even worse I didn't do it before. Oh well, the girls are thriving, and we carb load Atley as much as we can!

Charlie is just learning things by leaps and bounds. We finally have what I could officially call a crawl!! Just this morning, he kinda started pulling himself with his arms and scooting his legs forward, though not a normal crawl. It's still mobility, and he's getting fast with it! My grandpa said just while he sat there watching him, he could see him get better each time he tried. I will be getting the gate out of the shed tomorrow to get cleaned up. We will be needing it! Charlie's new game is pulling up in his playpen, plopping down, and repeating. This keeps him occupied for quite awhile. He likes playing with books, and he loves watching the dog. He's trying to talk. He can say dada and mama. He has attempted to say "girls" and "brother" (bubba). He LOVES splashing in the tub! He is still signing for milk and diaper change! He randomly will wave hello and goodbye. I'm HOPING he will blow out his own candle tonight! We've been practicing, but it's still pretty sporadic. (He saw me blowing on his dinner one night and tried it. He's done it a few more times since. We'll see!)

It's been an exciting, and although stressful, very fullfilling year.

Momma loves her sweet little chunky monkey. Happy Birthday Charlie Cash!

No comments: