Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hippity, Hoppity Easter's on it's Way....

The kids got letters from the Easter Bunny yesterday! My mom had signed them up for it at work. They were SO excited. They got right to work painting him pictures to leave.

Today, we're dying eggs. They've been begging all week. We're also making bunny nests and some krispy speckled eggs.

I've got to get my cake baked for tomorrow. I'm going to do a poke cake. That way, we can still celebrate Dan's birthday with his parents tomorrow. Dan loves poke cakes. And, if I don't make it, I know we won't have one because just my luck it would be the year his mom decides to not make him one. How pissed off do I get when I invite them down for cake and ice cream, and she brings a cake too!?!!? And of course, it's always a stupid Volkswagen cake. grrrr Then, not only do we have 2 cakes to eat, but all the effort I put into baking him a really nice cake that he asks for is put to waste. So, I'm going to make a poke cake just in case. If we don't eat it tomorrow, we can have it Monday on his actual birthday. Then, I can make him his special cake for his party next Saturday!

No comments: